Sweet, chewy and delicious, these Banana Carrot Flax Cookies are ready to eat in less than 20 minutes! High in fiber, whole grains, iron and protein, they make an excellent breakfast or snack to go for your little one. Don't forget to keep one (or two) for yourself!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quick cooking oats* (gluten-free if required)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, cinnamon, raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 9x13 cookie tray.
- Mix all the ingredients together until fully blended.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared cookie tray approximately 5cm apart from each other.
- Lightly flatten the top of each cookie and then bake 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months. Defrost at least 30 minutes before serving at room temperature.