Did someone say cake? These Carrot Cake Energy Balls are high in protein and iron, and are an easy snack that tastes like a delicious slice of cake! This recipe only requires 7 simple ingredients, and takes just minutes to prepare in a food processor. Bonus - no baking required!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup whole grain oats (*gluten-free if required)
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Hemp Hearts
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1.5 tbsp honey (omit for babies under 24M)
- 4 medium dates
- 2 small carrots or 1 large carrot, grated
- Place all ingredients into food processor and blend until mixture is uniform.
- Spoon out mixture and roll into balls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If mixture is sticky after blending, cool in fridge/freezer for 20 minutes before rolling into balls.
- Can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Can be frozen for up to 2 months. Defrost fully before serving.