These incredibly delicious Apple Drop Digestive Cookies are a secret weapon to help cure constipation as naturally (and as tasty!) as possible. Packed full of fiber, pectin, sorbitol and whole grains, they can be served to little ones as young as 6M to help keep them happy & regular! With zero added sugar, this is a great recipe to add to your repertoire!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup whole grain oats (*gluten-free if required)
- 1 cup whole wheat or oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 5 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Organic Digestion Booster
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- optional add-ins: 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (for older kids), dried diced apples or cherries, crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the apple sauce, butter, egg and banana until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients while mixing well.
- Refrigerate cookie mixture for 10 minutes to soften the oats.
- Spoon mixture into 1 inch balls evenly onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost well before serving.
- Make this recipe vegan by swapping out egg for a flax egg