Seeds, vegetables, AND fruits! You can serve these delicious guilt free muffins to even your pickiest eaters. They'll be sure to devour them in seconds! Keeps well in the fridge or freezer.
Serves: 24 mini muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Digestion Booster + Vitamin D & Probiotics
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional but highly recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and generously grease mini muffin pan with butter.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze all the excess water out. This is important to ensure the right consistency of the batter.
- Combine grated veggies, mashed banana, eggs, melted butter, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Stir in flour, seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool directly in the pan for an additional 5 minutes or so. This is an important step as the muffins will continue to cook in the hot pan in order to get to the right texture and consistency.
- Remove from pan, cool, and enjoy!
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can be frozen too!
- Muffins can be frozen in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost for at least one hour before serving.