Berry Chia Jam
Jam is a household favorite but it's usually full of sugar and other additives which are not great for you or your little ones. Swap out your store-bought jar with this easy, high-fiber, nutrient-rich alternative. Great on toast, waffles, yogurt and more!
Serves: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups frozen single berry or mixed berries (our fave is strawberries!)
- 3 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Organic Milled Chia Seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Defrost the berries 2 hours at room temperature, or heat in a saucepan while stirring occasionally for immediate use.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher or large fork until you have reached your desired consistency. You can also blend until smooth using a blender.
- Taste and sweeten with maple syrup if required.
- Add chia seeds and mix well to combine.
- Let mixture rest and thicken for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Store leftover jam in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Jam can be frozen for up to 3 months.