Chocolate Protein Muffins
Are your kids always begging for chocolate muffins? These yummy, chocolatey muffins will give your little one the energy and stamina they need to get through the day! Did we mention they are also jam packed with all the good stuff including protein, fiber, and iron. Shhh, we won't tell them if you don't!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup Tiny Sprouts Hemp Hearts + Vitamin D & Probiotics
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin with non-stick spray or butter. You can also use muffin liners if that's easier!
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients - flour, hemp hearts, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients - eggs, milk, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and stir until mixed.
- Stir-in chocolate chips!
- Pour evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Muffins can be frozen in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost for at least one hour before serving.
- Flax eggs - combine 1 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Flaxseeds + Vitamin D & Probiotics with 3 tbsp water. Let set in fridge for 15 minutes.