Full of the nutrients your little one needs to keep them healthy and growing, there is no other snack better suited to create a Superkid than this! High in protein, calcium, healthy fats and more, this snack can be eaten any time of the day. The added bonus of the probiotics from the Tiny Sprouts range of Organic Superseed Boosters, plus the bars being naturally high in fiber, will also help keep your little one regular and support their immune system!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3.5 cups organic quick rolled oats (*gluten-free if required)
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Organic Milled Flax Seed Booster
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Organic Milled Chia Seed Booster
- 1/2 cup Tiny Sprouts Organic Hemp Heart Booster
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the almonds by grinding them down into a coarse powder in a food processor (omit this step if using almond meal).
- Mix the oats, ground nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp hearts together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, apple sauce, and almond butter.
- Stir the wet ingredient mixture into the oat, nut, and seed mixture until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and evenly pat down.
- Place baking pan in the freezer for 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove from freezer and cut bars into desired size and enjoy!
- Store leftover bars in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before serving.
- Substitute to your little ones' preferences! Swap out the almond butter for their favorite nut butter, or the ground almonds for their favorite nuts, add in chocolate chips - the options are endless!