Apple Carrot Super Muffins
Our yummy Apple Carrot Superseed Muffins are packed full of nutrients from seeds, whole grains, fruits and veggies. These muffins have definitely earned "super" status, high in fiber and flavor, they make a perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (*gluten-free if required)
- 3/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Apple Cinnamon Digestion Booster
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup grated apples (approximately 2 small apples)
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Throughly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine and mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl; flour, oats, Tiny Sprouts Apple Cinnamon Digestion Booster, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients together in a separate bowl; eggs, maple syrup/honey, and melted butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Stir the grated apple and carrots into the wet-ingredient mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture while mixing well until a nice thick batter is formed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and place pan on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until fully cooked (test by inserting a toothpick or knife into center of muffin to check if it comes out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
- If you prefer a lighter texture, you can substitute 1 cup oat flour with 1 cup almond flour.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Muffins can be frozen in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost for at least one hour before serving.