Your little ones will be delighted to have "dessert" for breakfast with this scrumptious recipe! Carrots, oats, cinnamon, chia seeds and yogurt combine to offer the yummy flavors of a carrot cake but with the nutritional punch of protein, calcium, fiber and more!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2.05 hours
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (*gluten-free if required)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Milled Chia Booster
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (omit for babies under 24M)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional add-ins: raisins, ground nuts, coconut, vanilla extract
- Stir all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Once set, thin out mixture with more milk until desired consistency.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Don't have chia seeds? Swap out with flaxseeds as a great seed substitute!