Full of the good fats and protein that your little one needs to help them grow, this creamy, rich, Hemp Heart Hummus is a winner at any time of day. Spread it on bread, or serve it with sliced carrots and cucumbers, the options for this yummy dip are endless!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 and 3/4 cups cooked garbanzo beans/chickpeas or 1 x 400ml can
- 2 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Hemp Hearts Booster
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt (omit for babies under 12 months)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, coriander, mint, dill)
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine all the ingredients together into a food processor and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve with sliced vegetables, pita bread, or on its own.
- Hummus can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Add in 1 tbsp of tahini for some more authentic flavor and an additional nutrient boost!