A delicious high-protein patty made from sweet potatoes, chickpeas, hemp hearts and more, this burger is an amazing addition to the weekly dinner rotation that the entire family can enjoy together! The addition of hemp hearts boosts up the nutrition in a big way making this one of the healthiest burgers out there!
Serves: 4-6 patties (depending on size)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Hemp Hearts Booster
- 1/4 cup Tiny Sprouts Milled Flaxseed Booster
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or oat flour (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup white or green onion (root ends removed)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (vegan)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- Optional: 1 tsp salt (omit for babies under 12 months)
- Wash sweet potato, prick with fork and cook in microwave for 5 mins until tender. Keep skin on and chop into medium chunks when cooled.
- Add sweet potato and all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined to your liking.
- Scoop our mixture and form into patties (the mixture will be a bit sticky!).
- Spray a fry-pan with avocado oil and cook patties 4-5 mins on each side over medium heat until nicely brown.
- Remove from heat and let patties cool and firm up.
- Serve with a bun and all your little ones favorite toppings!
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs or oat flour and serve with gluten-free bun
- Vegan: Use nutritional yeast in place of parmesan cheese
- Patties can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days
- Patties can be frozen for up to 1 months