A healthier spin on a holiday classic! With no refined sugars, these peanut butter and chia jam thumbprint cookies will quickly become a holiday fave and one that you can feel really good about serving to your littles.
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chia Jam Ingredients
- 2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 3 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Organic Milled Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Simmer berries on low heat until soft. Once soft, mash berries with a fork until you have reached your desired consistency. You can also blend until smooth using an immersion blender. Stir-in maple syrup if using. Remove from heat and mix in chia seeds. Let mixture rest and thicken while you prepare the cookies.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter, honey/maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon, roll into balls and place onto cookie sheet. Use your thumb to create an indent in the center of each cookie for the jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set but still soft (do not overcook).
- Once cooled, spoon chia jam onto peanut butter cookies. YUM!