These easy, delicious, and nutritious savoury fritters are an excellent addition to your weekly line-up. Packed with protein and whole grains they are a great lunch for your little one at home or on the go.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or plain flour)
- 2 tbsp Tiny Sprouts Organic Hemp Hearts Booster
- 2 tsp dried basil or parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Pulse the vegetable of choice in a food processor until finely chopped. *If using zucchini, drain excess liquid out of the zucchini by straining it through a cheesecloth after pulsing.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Add the eggs and vegetables into the dry ingredient mixture and mix well.
- If mixture is a bit thick add water until it is slightly runny.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium heat and drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan.
- Cook 1-2 mins on each side until light browned.
- Serve warm or cold with your favorite dip or enjoy plain!
- Optional: Sprinkle in some cheese and additional veggies as you wish.
- Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Pancakes can be frozen in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Replace the veggies with any of your little ones favorite veggies (or anything you have in the fridge!)